Camping Directions: updated check list
July 14, 2008
As salāmu ʿalaikum,
Here are directions on how to get to Fitzroy Provincial Park (attached is a map). Also please note that you should inform the reception office that you are group camping.
- Head west on HWY-417 W/Trans Canada Hwy W – 12.6 km
- Take exit 144 for Carp RḏCh. Carp/RR-5 toward Carp/Stittsville – 0.4 km
- Keep right at the fork to continue toward Carp RḏChemin Carp/RR-5 and merge onto Carp RḏChemin Carp/RR-5 – 27.8 km
- Turn right at Chemin Galetta Side/Galetta Side Rd – 1.4 km
- Turn left at Canon Smith Dr/Promenade Canon Smith – 2.5 km
- Turn left – 1.0 km
Watch for the provincial park signs to: Fitzroy Provincial Park Also, here is an updated list with supplies to bring (some new items).
Camping checklist to make your stay more comfortable.
– FLASHLIGHTS – COOKWARE – BBQ GRILLS – CHARCOAL – WATER (there is fresh water from the tap but if u do not like well water bring your own) – Tents – Blankets – Coffee, tea… – Snacks – Sweets… – Raincoat, umbrella, rubber boots – Swimwear, anything for the beach, towels… – Toys for kids – Bug spray – If you have some old carpet or rug to throw on the ground – Chairs, or something to sit on (pillows..) – Ice for your cooler (try to get a block of ice, it lasts longer) or make your own – Something to sleep on (to put on the floor of your tent) – Garbage bags – Gas lanterns – Foil
Website suggestion to check out for recipe ideas
Bārak Allāhu fīkum.